ABOUT ME



My Twitter Page

Thursday, May 05, 2005

CULTURE/SOCIETY: The Great Letter Debate

This is copied from a web site I highly recommend - Random Lists of Things. I find it quite entertaining, very interesting, and sometimes very humorous. I love the way B can boil so many aspects of life to a list.

One person wrote this about B's blog: Your blog is like if David Letterman and Jon Stewart had a baby, dropped it on its head, and then let it be raised by 20 ADHD-addled agency people.

7 overrated letters.
1. I
2. X
3. Z
4. C
5. love
6. fan
7. sometimes mr. y

OlderMusicGeek said...
"Love" and "fan" are great inclusions, but why "c"? Not that I have a great love for it. Actually, I like ones like x and j, that are kinda funky.

B said...
I think that "K" or "S" can do the work of "C". Now that I think about it, "Z" and "X" can't be on the same list. Therefore, I say only "X" is overrated.

OlderMusicGeek said...
But there's just something cool and wild about the letter. It's more than just k and s combined. Extreme sports and x-rated movies wouldn't be the same!

B said...
Okay I said C was over rated because S and K can do its work.
X is over rated because so many other letters can do its work:
For example SEKS, I just spelled sex without an X. Z can't be overrated because it's the last letter of the alphabet.
Good Lord, I can't believe I'm having this debate and not writing the two papers that are due in a few hours.

OlderMusicGeek said...
Yeah, but "seks" suks. It doesn't even look erotic. X is cool! Face it. Join the X-Men!

20 "whitest" names given to girls born in California in the 1990s.
7. Katelyn
13. Katherine
14. Caitlin
15. Kaitlin
18. Kaitlyn
20. Kathryn
Source: Slate Magazine

I don't think spelling should really matter unless the parent spells it a really wacky spelling. For example Catherine and Katherine and Katheryn should all count as one. However, K'aathryine is a completely different story (and chances are that this kid is black. We blacks get all crazy with the alphabet/apostrophes . White people on the other hand, are fond of making turning Cs into Ks [and vice versa], Ys into Is [vice versa]...).

20 "blackest" names given to boys born in California in the 1990s.
17. Xavier

OlderMusicGeek said...
Please note which letter name #17 starts with.

B said...
Yeah, but it can be spelled Ekzavier. And remember when I said black people love the crazy spellings of names.

OlderMusicGeek said...
Yeah, but they spell it with a X, because Ekzavier looks East European.

14 signs of a good night on the town.
14. You don't have to come up with a good excuse for asking your parents to contact the US Embassy in country X, to help you get back home.

OlderMusicGeek said...
Wait! Which country was that?

B said...
No country. I just hear urban legends of students abroad getting busted and sent to jail. What was the name of that caning dude from a few years ago?

OlderMusicGeek said...
Face it! It was country X!!!! Yes, YOU used country X!

...and the debate goes on!

A link to the website, Random Lists of Things

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

My Twitter Page

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Ask Me Anything From FormSpring.Me

MUSIC

Some Of The Lastest Songs I've Enjoyed

My Internet Radio Stations


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
MOVIES

Some Movies I've Seen (Or Reseen) Recently

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Last 20 Movies I've Reviewed On Flixster

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

The Movies I Want To See The Most, But Haven't Yet

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.

My Favorite Movies

Sorry for the funky layout. It's the only one Flixster has.